Subject: UNIX Moria

From: Buckaroo Banzai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 87 14:08:33 CDT

In some ways, I've made the game "easier," but I think it's more
balanced.  EG: there's zillions of monsters that drain ST, DX, CO, so
I made elven waybread restore those things.  I also found that priest
had a huge advantage with Sense Invisible, so I made a Ring of See
Invisible available in the Mages' shop.  (Of course, it's still
random, so it doesn't appear most of the time, but there's a chance.)
There are a couple of other minor tweaks like that.

The reroll-character option was the first request I got from my
playtesters.  I sort of agree - some days I want to play a mage and
it's stupid for me to have to quit lots of games.

Another *major* change:  I've improved the scoring algorithm.  It used
to count just gold and exp.  Now I add in a bunch of other things.
The total score is higher, and the overall effect is to reward smart
play (eg if you've spent all your gold to improve your weapon to +4,+4
I now recognize and reward that as if you still had the gold).

We should get together and merge our ideas if possible, no?

--Alan